Thursday, August 22, 2019

Off To Cancun Next Monday!

Had a good visit with Andrew today.  Two good visits really.  Andrew called us at noon on Aaron's lunch break.  Then he called again around 3:15 pm so he could catch up with his siblings.  I had a little breakdown of sorts.  I asked Andrew if he was a little homesick.  His reply was, "No, I'm great!"  Of course that's great to hear, but I'm homesick for him!  I miss having him home!  I couldn't stop crying.  I'm such a hot mess.  
Andrew is off to Cancun Monday morning
  He said they'll leave for the airport @ 2 in the am.  Their flight leaves @ 6 am, and it is about 2 hours long.  He has no idea where in the mission he's going, how or when he'll get ahold of us, etc.  I just have to be patient.  

Andrew's latest letter

 I am on my last final week here in the MTC!!   Whoooooooooo!!  Time has
gone pretty fast.  It's hard to study with the thought that I am
gonna be out of here Monday morning and in Cancun where I can only
speak Spanish!! 
     I have a couple thoughts I want to talk about.  I also have
a cool story.  Last Sunday during one of our many meetings,
we watched a talk by Elder Bednar.  I forget what it's called, but it's
basically on how to show Christ like attributes.  The main thing that he
talked about was to be outward and not inward.  He talked about not being
a Cookie Monster and wanting everything for yourself.  "I want
cookie", "I want baptism", "I want sleep", etc.  As a missionary it should
never be about yourself, but instead about the people you're serving and
Christ.  You don't have to be a missionary to act Christlike.  I encourage all
of you to serve others and Christ before yourself and his blessing will serve and
help you.  In Alma 30:8 is says: "Choose ye this day, whom ye will serve.  I know 
as you do this you will be blessed and helped.  I can feel the Holy Spirit tell me this is true.

Another spiritual thought I would like to share, (Grandpa Walker, you
need to especially listen to this one).  We listened to another talk
by Elder Bednar.  This was broadcast to all the MTCs!!
His message was, "Just simply go forth with faith in the Lord".  In
Doctrine and Covenants chapter 80 it says you can go North, South, East
or West.  As long as your going forth serving, you will not go amiss.  He said 
if you are confused on if it's the spirit or not, think for a second.  If it's a good action 
than yes that's the spirit guiding you!  As you follow those good promptings, than
good blessings will come your way.  Then he said these words.  Grandpa
are ya listening?  "Be a good boy!" he stated. He said those words about 5 more
times.  Those are the exact same words my grandpa told me before I
left.  If you guys are wondering what you can do to become a better
Saint or a better person in general, just go forward choosing the
right!

Sorry one more quick story before I end.  After the meeting the other night,
we went back to our apartment to get ready for bed.  On the
way back, Elder Stock was having a super bad head ache. When we got
back, he wanted to say a quick prayer so he could go to sleep.  I offered
to pray for him because he was hurting so much.  After I began,  I was prompted 
to say, "Please bless Elder Stock that he will be comforted by you and that
his head ache will go away and he will feel it no more."  After saying
that prayer, we all stood up off our knees except for Elder Stock.  I realized 
that my prayer had been answered.  Listen for the spirit's still small voice and 
miracles will happen in your life.  I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
-Elder Walker











No comments: