Thursday, August 15, 2019

Andrew's Mass Email

Wow it's already been 4 weeks!!  I wouldn't say time flies by, but it's definitely speeding up.  My journal entries are getting smaller.  Especially since all I do is go to class, eat, and "sleep" (sometimes).  We have been doing a ton of teaching in Spanish.  It either goes really well or it just goes downhill because we run out of questions to ask.  It's kind of hard to keep going if you don't know the language perfectly😂.  Last Saturday we were able to teach a lesson in English!!  We taught a family who was visiting the mission.  I said the opening prayer and surprisingly, it was rough!  I forgot how to say a prayer in English!  At least that means I'm learning the language, right??!  My companion was saying a prayer in Spanish and instead of saying, "father in heaven", he said, "puedo hablar ingles".  That translates to , "can I speak English?"😂.  It's because in class you have to do that to speak English or else it's solamente espanol.  Anyways, we did some lessons over skype with some members and that was terrible!! It was hard enough to understand them in the first place, but then over the camera just made it super hard.  We ran out of questions so we just started making up stuff and they didn't understand it most the time.  Something else than lessons, I finished marking my entire scriptures for all the different lessons.  I'm not done marking everything of course.   I still have 2 years, (haha), but it looks super cool.  Also I've got enough food to last me years!!  Love ya Mom, Dad, and Grandma.  Once I get to the field I can always use more stuff😂!!

  Alright, so this week I've been thinking about prayer and how truly important it is.  Prayer is a way for us to communicate to Heavenly Father whenever we want!!  I think we really take this for granted and just try to do everything by ourselves.  A quote I really liked from one of our devotionals was, "prayer is the passport to peace".  I challenge you all to pray more often than just your nightly and morning prayers and see the difference it makes in your life.  Just being in the MTC, I can see how truly powerful it is.   I can't wait til I can teach others how to pray for the first time.  Teach them how to communicate with their loving Heavenly Father.   He's waiting for us to call.   He wants to help us with whatever situation in life we may have. Y digo estas cosas en nombre de Jesucristo, Amén.
-Elder Walker






No comments: