Friday, August 9, 2019

Andrew's Phone Call & 4th Letter


Semana 4!!  How is everyone!  The weeks here keep getting faster and faster, so this email might not be too long but it is what it is.  The Latinos in our group left last sunday and it was super sad!  I got some pictures with them on sunday and hopefully you guys will be able to see some of those.  Heres a funny experience for you guys!!  Me and my companion were preparing for a lesson in spanish for our teacher "the investigator"  and I had typed in to Spanish Dictionary (google translate) and I typed in the sentence "Will you follow moroni's promise and pray..".  So I typed that in and copy and pasted it to my notes so I could use it.  We get to the part in the lesson and it's going great and I just had him read Moroni 10:3-5 and than I asked him the question.  The translate thought when I typed in moroni that I meant "moron".  So I asked him "Will you follow the morons promise and pray...😐😂".  The investigator grabbed the pillow and started balling!!  At least this happened in the MTC and not the field!  Other than that I have my spanish prayers basicly down and i'm just trying to learn more each day.  Just 2 weeks till Im out in Cancun and teaching the gospel in Spanish!!!  








So I've been reading the book Saints for my studies and I just wanted to tell you that we have it easy compared to them.  Everyone always thinks about the pioneers trekking across the plains but the restoration of the church was difficult with the saints.  Mobs drove them city to city just cause of what they taught and loved.  Mother, children and fathers got shot, Joseph getting tarred and feathered.  All this and all they have to hold on too is their faith.  I know in this day it's hard, we all have challenges we have to face and sometimes we don't want too.  Jesus suffered for each and everyone of us so we could become perfect.  Every challenge in this life you have or will have, Jesus made blueprints for us so all we have to do is ask for is help.  I know that as you come unto christ you will be helped and I know that one day we can all be perfected and restored.  I love you guys and hope that you can continue through this journey of life with our savior is in the

No comments: