Monday, August 12, 2019

Changes

I don't remember where I heard it, but someone once said, "Change is the only thing that is constant in your life."  That is certainly the case in mine.  I don't know about everyone else, but for me change is hard!  This summer has been especially hard.
I had a lot of responsibilities @ church this summer.  My husband and I were asked to be a pa and ma on Trek.   Then 3 weeks later I went to girl's camp with Abby and Bree as Camp Director.   -So much time and preparation went into each of those callings.
  In the middle of all that I was trying to help prepare Andrew for his mission.  We sent him off July 16th and miss him like crazy.  I feel very lucky that we get to talk to him every week, but it's still hard nonetheless.
I've been trying to figure out a way that I could help my family financially.  $400 a month for Andrew is a big chunk of change.  I made the decision to go FT @ Horizon Home Health and PRN @ Project Reality.  Last Tuesday, my coworkers @ Project surprised me with this

as well as doughnuts and chocolate milk.  💕(Didn't expect it at all).  Thank you, friends.
I lost my first pediatric patient on the 31st of July.  Her funeral was this past Saturday.   I've taken care of her since I started with Horizon.  I feel like she was one of my own.  😔  I have comfort through my faith, that we will see each other again.  It still difficult though.  I will miss spending time with her and her family.

No comments: