Sunday, March 24, 2013

Thankful For My Parents

     Today I'm giving a lesson in Relief Society.  My lesson is on L Tom Perry's conference talk  "Becoming Goodly Parents".  As I've reflected over this topic, I've really gained a great appreciation for my and Aaron's parents. 
     Our parents aren't just "Goodly" they're AMAZING!.  Friday night for instance, my mom took 4 out of my 6 kids and had them sleep over at her house.  Then Saturday morning she took all of them to a movie and lunch.  She knew I'd had a crazy stressful week, so she wanted to not just help me out, but also spend some quality time with her grandkids. 
     Like the song "I am a child of God," I really feel like my parents have "lead me" and "guided me" and they always "walk beside me."  They've "taught" and continue to "teach me all that I must do to live with Heavenly Father some day." 
     I'm so thankful for Kent and LouJean (My husband's parents).  They've raised an amazing son, husband and father.  I love that Aaron has such a close relationship with Heavenly Father.  I feel so blessed that we were married in the temple and that our children are sealed to us.  I pray that I can be a good example.  Not just to my children, but also to others.  -That I can be an instrument in Heavenly Father's hands.

1 comment:

Tisha and Mark said...

Sounds like it was a great lesson! And you are right, from what I know, your parents are pretty "goodly" :)