Monday, March 4, 2013

Another Sunday Drive


Yesterday morning we decided to go for a  ride before church.  It was just going to be a "short" drive around Utah Lake, but it ended up being a little longer (About 8 hours is all).  :)
I've never been to Nutty Putty cave before.  I know that it's been closed off since John Jones was killed in 2009, but I wanted to see the memorial/entrance.  We got pretty close, but it was really muddy and we were afraid we might get stuck.  We saw the mountain and the trail.  -I guess that will have to do. 
 Check out my lil' guys chompers!
 After our nutty putty excursion, we kept driving south.  We went through Eureka.  
What a cool little mining town!  I told Aaron I want to go back and explore a little bit.

We kept going ...





 In Deseret there is a cool fort!  Settlers built the fort for protection during The Black Hawk Indian Wars.



 We saw a lot of wind mills

 A fun little park in Milford.



 An old house in Minersville.


We ended up in Beaver!  Too bad Aaron had to work today, otherwise we probably would've stayed overnight.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Sounds like you are totally Lyle's daughter! Sometimes I get the exploring bug, like George, and like to take long drives to rural Utah too. I'm pretty sure you probably grew up taking those drives with Lyle, just like we did with George. Good times!