Sunday, March 17, 2013

If You Believe...He Will Come

Aaron and I have always told our kids that we don't believe in leprechauns.  We've participated in the holiday (Wore green, dyed our food, etc.)  Just nothing above and beyond that.  
Last year our oldest daughter Abby slept over at her cousins house.  In the morning when they awoke on St. Patrick's Day, a leprechaun had come to visit them.  --And apparently Leah, (Abby's cousin) caught him.  Amazing I know.  
Anyhow, since that day Abby has been determined to have one come to our house.  Last night after Aaron and I came home from dinner this is what we found. 


 
 6 cups lined up with green ribbon inside.  Notice the clovers and the paper plate that states "Gold."
 
A sign on the front door that states, "Come to my hous Lep."
Instructions for the leprechaun:
"Please give us candy"
"then write a story about you"
"Next put it in a cup"
"Last know that we love you"
A necklace hung on the wall.
A green ribbon tied on the door knob
Some 4 leaf clovers
Letters from Bree and Abby
A white board ready  for the leprechaun to share his name and a story.  
With all of these amazing decorations, why wouldn't a leprechaun come?
Lenny the Leprechaun came to our house!  He left green treats (Skittles, gum and a sucker) and gold (Rolos).  I guess we're pretty darn lucky.  :)


2 comments:

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Oh, my gosh! I can't believe Abby did all of that! What a determined little person!

Heather Jones said...

Holy crap! She is a little genius! I've always been against celebrating beyond wearing green, but my goodness, how can you not with abby around. That's so cute!