Monday, May 16, 2011

So Much For Knocking On Wood

Friday evening Aaron and I were both talking about how lucky we were that none of our children have ever had stitches or broken legs. I can't remember how or why we came to that topic, but I remember saying gosh...I better knock on wood. I did, but it didn't do me much good. Saturday morning, the kids and I went to a park to watch my niece's dance class perform. It was really hot at the park, so Alyssa and I went under a pavillion made of stone pillars to get some shade. Alyssa began picking up some bb's. My other daughter Bree walked past Alyssa and accidently bumped her. Alyssa fell forward and hit her head on the corner of one of the stones. Alyssa started screaming. I looked down and just started freaking out. I've never seen so much blood! As a nurse you'd think I'd be right on top of it. I wans't. I've never felt so helpless in my life. Luckily another mother at the park had a first aid kit. She wrapped Alyssa's head until we were able to get some liquid bandaid and butterfly stips. I took this picture right after her head was wrapped. The picture makes it look worse than what it was. More pictures to come.

1 comment:

Katie said...

oh! Poor Alyssa! Stitches are no fun.