Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Is Garbage In Heaven?

We've had a couple of deaths at our house recently.  We lost both of our Americana hens.  My kids have been pretty sad.  It hit my youngest daughter Alyssa the most.  Alyssa saw me take one of the hens from the coop and put it in the garbage can.  She's had so many questions about death, Heaven, Jesus, and the Resurrection.  I am amazed at how well she pays attention at church and at home.  Some of her questions have been, "Is Heaven in the ground?" (Because I told her when we die our bodies are buried in the ground).  "Is garbage in Heaven?" (Because I told her that when we're resurrected our spirits will be reunited with our bodies.  -She saw me put the chicken in the garbage can).  "Where is Jesus?  Is he going to come stay at our house?"  (Because he's already been resurrected). She found a screw in the garage and asked me "Is this like the screwdriver they put in Jesus?" (Because he was nailed to the cross).  She always tells me, "I can't wait to see Jesus.  -I will let him play with my toys."  This morning she told me, "I think Jesus is nice.  He helps kids like Batmans do."  She's such a sweet heart.  I love her so much. 

No comments: