Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Brody's Incentive

A couple months ago, I received a phone call from Brody's teacher.  Brody was having a difficult time staying on task at school.  She contacted me hoping for ideas to help Brody.  "Brody has always loved everything electronic," I replied.  I asked about letting him use an ipad, computer, etc.  -Apparently, Brody was already being rewarded with these items.  Mrs. Drzayich mentioned videos.  "Videos?  You mean VHS?" I asked.  "Yes," she replied.  (Ever since Brody was little, he's loved looking at the covers and watching the beginning commercials of videos).  We came up with an idea.  If Brody would work hard at school and do his homework, he would be rewarded with biweekly trips to the DI to pick out a video. 
  Mrs. Drzayich made out a calender.  I take Brody every Tuesday and Friday.  Brody has done so well with this.  He works hard at school, he's quick to do his homework whenever I ask him, etc.  I love it!  Brody makes plans before each trip.  He draws a picture of the video he hopes to find.   The picture includes everything (The title, the date it was released, the producer, what it's rated, how many minutes, and usually a picture).  Here are some pictures I found.  Love my boy!





No comments: