Friday, June 25, 2010

Amber ...I mean Brody Alert!


Brody was lost for about 30 minutes on Wednesday.

He opened the garage door when I was helping Alyssa and left the house.
I asked Andrew if he knew where Brody was.
He said he didn't know.
I ran to the garage and started screaming for him.
Brody's spiderman scooter was on the sidewalk two houses down,
But there was no sign of Brody.
For all of you that may not know, Brody is autistic.
Most of the time he won't respond when you call out his name.
I began knocking on all my neighbors doors and checking cars.
(FYI Brody has helped himself in many neighbors homes and cars.
Occasionally he'll bring me home a gallon of milk or a block of cheese from their fridge.) :)
Several of my neighbors began to help me search.
I jumped in the van and drove around the block a couple of times.
-Still no Brody.
I was very upset by this point.
I called 911, and reported that my son was missing.
The woman I spoke with was very calm.
She asked for a description and told me to go back home and research the house.
I did what she said and called Aaron.
The sheriff called me as I hung up with Aaron.
I gave him another description of Brody.
I also gave him a picture from my fridge.
Aaron and several other neighbors arrived and began to search.
I went and knocked on few more doors.
Finally, Aaron called me.
A lady from my ward found Brody at Pony Express Elementary.
Aaron brought him back.
I was so emotional. I couldn't stop crying.
I hugged him and begged him "Please don't run away again!'
Brody grabbed my face and kissed me.
I think he missed me too!
I'm so grateful that he was okay.
I just wanted to thank everyone who helped look for Brody.
I have the best neighbors EVER!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

How scary. I'm glad he was ok and that you have good neighbors who helped you out.

The Mangone Family said...

I read your blog today and it made me cry. To have your child missing for just a few seconds is scary enough, and I know you feel this fear all the time. I said a little prayer for you and your family and I hope you never have to go through this again. I love you guys and worry about you all the time.