Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Little Stressed

This past Tuesday I got results back from my amniocentesis. The results weren't good. For those of you who don't know, I have a genetic disease called N.A.I.T. N.A.I.T. is very similar to RH Factor, only with N.A.I.T., the mother's body attacks the baby's blood platelets. Also, with N.A.I.T. the baby is affected while it's inside the womb. I found out that I had N.A.I.T. after my second son was born. We had a lot of blood work done following his birth, and we found out that our children have a 50% chance of being affected, depending on what antigen Aaron gives them. Both of my daughters (Abby and Bree) weren't affected; however, our new baby girl that I'm now carrying is. I've been so emotional the past 2 days. I'm suppose to be starting some weakly IV treatments called IVIG. Apparently the IVIG treatments are about $10,000 each, so I can't begin until my insurance approves them. -So much on my mind right now. Here's a better defenition of N.A.I.T. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neonatal_alloimmune_thrombocytopenia

7 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear! I hope everything goes okay. Let me know if you need anything. I am glad to help in any way. If you need someone to babysit, or need someone to mop your floor...Just let me know, I'd be glad to help (I just won't do your laundry since you use tide... :)) Bryan and I will keep you in our prayers - We love you!

R Fitz said...

Kelly, so sorry to hear that this is going to be another trial. We will keep you, baby and the rest of your family in our prayers.

Mads said...

KELLY! i'm so sorry to hear your news! Let me know if you need anything. I'll be coming back to work in 2 weeks. We'll keep you in our prayers! I'm sure the Lord will take care of you all though!

sinika said...

So sorry to hear the news. My stepdad has thrombocytopenia, and I've actually never heard of anyone else having it. Hope everything works out- you are in our prayers!

Natalie said...

Kel, I love ya! Maybe you and I need to get another stress-relieving massage. I just got one the other day. If you need a babysitter while you're having your treatments, give me a call. We'd love to have your kids come play. I'll pray for you daily, and your sweet new baby (and your other kids) are ultra lucky to have you as their Mom!

Ryan and Adrienne said...

I was so sad when Ryan told me you tested positive. Just know that you are in our prayers and we hope everything turns out okay

Kathryn said...

Gah! As if being pregnant isn't hard enough without worrying about something like this. I hope your insurance approval comes quickly and that the baby doesn't have any problems.