Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Washington DC Day 3


Saturday was crazy. We arose at 4:00 am and took a taxi to the Lincoln Memorial. We found a good spot after being moved twice near the front on the left side (Facing the memorial). There were a lot of amazing people around us. One family we met was from Orlando Florida. They had driven for 12 hours through the night. After the rally they planned on driving all the way back. They told us that they use to be democrats, but then they found God and repented. Kind of funny. The Rally was amazing. So many great speakers. It felt a lot like a devotional. When it was over, we all wanted to go do "Some good" in the world. We all wore matching red shirts to the rally. They state, "Restoring honor and dignity. In God we trust." -Quite fitting for the rally I think. We had so many compliments. Several people asked us if we had others that they could buy. Why didn't we think of that? After the Rally, we went back to our hotel and crashed. I think we all had a little heat stroke. We slept for a few hours. Aaron called me all worried because I hadn't called or sent any pics for a while. We got ready and set out to find some dinner. We ate at Califonia Tortila and Hagan Das. -Very delicious. That night we watched the news/media coverage of the rally. Pretty amazing how quickly it was distorted (I hope I spelled that right). We watched the movie "Perfect Murder."

Pics from my phone





Pics from my camera

These guys dressed up for the event


There was so many people!


Glenn Beck


Sarah Pallin (I'm sure I probably didn't spell her name right)

Martin Luther King's Niece

More pics of Glenn





When it was over, everyone picked up their garbage



What an amazing day! So glad that I got to be a part of it.

Can you see where they stopped and restarted again?

The restaurant where Chuck Norris was spotted.


China Town

No comments: