Wednesday, March 10, 2021

A Roller Coaster Ride

Ever since Kent got his portable oxygen machine, he's been going nonstop.  On Monday it was no different.  He was out driving all morning.  A little after 2:00 pm, I got a call from his cell.  When I answered, a woman's voice was on the line.  She said she was calling for Kent.  I asked if he was okay?  She stated that he had fallen in the Fresh Market parking lot.  He hit his nose and was bleeding quite a bit, but the bleeding had stopped.  My heart was just pounding.  "Is he going to be okay driving home?  Do I need to come get him?"  I asked.  She felt that he would be okay.  
Kent had her call me because he was planning on picking up Brody from school and didn't want him to be forgotten.  I was so worried. I picked up Brody and hurried back home.  
 Kent had made it home safely.  He threw away the bloody shirt.  As you can see his nose is really swollen.  I asked him if he hurt anywhere else.  He stated that his ribs were a little sore and his R shoulder.  
I sent a text to all of Aaron's siblings and told them what happend.  We were all a worried that maybe he'd broken his nose.  Internal bleeding was also a concern.  
Ruthann and LouAnn took him to urgent care @ Dr. Johnson's office.  They did several tests and then sent him to the ER @ AF Hospital.   Kent ended up staying 2 nights.  No broken nose; however, he does have 4 broken ribs.  😢  Happy and thankful that he's home tonight.  He has some healing to do though.


 

No comments: