Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Not That Bad

I took Abby to the dentist yesterday.  It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be.  Abby ended up having an apexogenesis rather then a root canal.  She may still have to have one in the future, but for now she's good.  What is an apexogenesis?  I'm not really sure.  I just know that when Dr. Jimmer drilled down to her roots, he told me the bleeding stopped, which meant that the nerves were still good.  Abby's roots aren't completely developed, so he put a filling in her tooth.  Abby has a check up in 2 weeks and again in 6 months.  I hope it keeps. 
Abby also had a cavity filled.  Poor girl was numb for several hours.
Abby asked me to take a picture so she could see what it looked like.  Quite the procedure isn't it?
Not as expensive as we had planned.  What a blessing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Abby sure took it like a pro! You mentioned nothing of her being anxious or anything of that sort, which means she went through that ordeal unperturbed and passed it with flying colors. I hope the apexogenesis would be enough to prevent a root canal. You should probably make sure Abby does her dental homework so it won't come to that. Good luck to her!

Coralie Tauber @ Houston Smile Docs