Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Few Bumps In The Road

On the first day of school, it took about an hour to pick up Brody.

Well, we made it through the first week of school!  Not gonna lie.  This has been a very stressful week for me.  I think any time your kids begin a new school year it's difficult.  All my kids are use to staying up late.  We didn't do much reading over the summer.  My kids didn't have homework.  -You get the idea.  
Of all my children, Brody has had to make the most changes.  I was so nervous for him to attend a new school.  When I went to Spectum's open house, I was ready to transfer him back to Forbes.  Everything was so unorganized.  Good thing my husband is level headed.  He convinced me to give Spectrum a couple weeks.  If things didn't get better, he told me he would support me in whatever I decide. 
Brody loves Spectrum.  Every day I ask Brody what he did at school.  His reply is always "We had fun!"  I'm so thankful. 
Alyssa begins all day kindergarden next week!  I spoke with the principal at Shelley.  He told me Alyssa's teachers are Mrs. Crocket and Mrs. Reed.  Her open house is Monday.  I'm so nervous for my little girl.  I can't believe she's old enough to be going to elementary school.

1 comment:

Tisha and Mark said...

Mc starts all day kindergarten and I think it's going to be more of an adjustment for me than her! Good luck and glad Brody is liking his new school!