Sunday, June 9, 2013

Timpanogos Cave

Our family hiked Timpanogos Cave Thursday morning.  The cave has been on our bucket list for a while now.  Aaron hiked it when he was a little kid.  The last time I hiked it was in high school.  -I'm glad we were finally able to do it.

 We checked in at 8:30am, then began our hike. 



  I forgot how difficult the hike was!  The trail is paved, but it's very steep.  My kids were troopers!



 Everything is so green right now!  I love it.



 There were tons of wild flowers along the trail.


 We even saw a rattle snake!  -No worries.  We kept the kids away and we notified a ranger.  Mr. Rattlesnake slithered off the trail on his own.  :)

 Finally we made it.  -Boy were my legs sore!


 Timpanogos Cave elevation 6730 feet!


Our tour began at 10:00!  Bree made a new friend with Mckayla from Bountiful!

 The cave was so cool!


 Our tour guide taught us the difference between stalagtites, stalagmites, and columns.










 Sleepy Bryson


 The "Heart" of Timpanogos
 Cave bacon!




 Beautiful view of Utah Valley

We saw a lizard


The end

No comments: