Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's Not A Tumor!


Aaron had surgery this morning.
He had a lipoma removed from the back of his head.
What is a lipoma you may ask?
According to Wikipedia, A lipoma is:
a benign tumor composed of fatty tissue. They are the most common form of soft tissue tumor.[1] Lipomas are soft to the touch, usually movable, and are generally painless. Many lipomas are small (under one centimeter diameter) but can enlarge to sizes greater than six centimeters. Lipomas are commonly found in adults from 40 to 60 years of age, but can also be found in children. Some sources claim that malignant transformation can occur,[2] while others say that this has yet to be convincingly documented.
Aaron has had this bump for as long as he can remember.
I asked him to take a picture of the tumor.
I guess it didn't come out without a fight.
Aaron said the tumor had a good blood supply.
(Check out the piece of hair connected to the "tumor")

Poor Aaron!
He can't have his stitches out for 10 days and he is sore tonight!

3 comments:

Heather Jones said...

oh my gosh that is crazy! I am glad it wasn't cancer. Phew. Scott has like ten fatty tumors all over his body, I totaly think he should get them checked out but he refuses. Anyways, that is pretty nasty with all that hair, poor Aaron :( take good care of him.

R Fitz said...

Hope he recovers quickly...you guys are just having too much fun lately! BTW...I guess I have a weaker stomach than I thought! 8(

Stephens Family said...

yum