Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our Spring Break



I would love to begin this post by saying something like "For our spring break we went on an amazing trip to Disneyland, Florida, Hawaii, etc." Our spring break was pretty plain, but it was good. Aaron had to work the whole week, but again, I'm not complaining. -At least Aaron has a job, right? - For that I am very thankful. Since the weather was kind of chilly, we spent a lot of time doing activities at home. My girls have been doing a lot of coloring and playing dress-up. My boys have been playing a lot games on the Wii, DS, etc.

We've watched a lot of late night Redbox movies.

I came across an amazing sale! The Saratoga Springs Walmart marked down a ton of their shoes to just $1. I bought several pairs for myself, my mom, my mother-in-law, and my kids. Wahoo! I love finding deals.

Thursday afternoon, my kids and I went on a play date with my friend Natalie and her kids. We went to Adventure Land Park over by Lone Peak Highschool. It was a beautiful day. We played on the playground, fed the ducks, and went for a nice walk around the lake. -I love that park. I remember my mom taking me and my siblings there when we were little. It's changed a lot since I was a kid. It use to have a really big fort and a maze. I'm glad it's still around so I can share it with my kids.

Brody loved being outside and he only ran away 3 times (That's pretty good for Brody :O)). I've never seen a child so quick!

Andrew loved playing tag with Natalie's boys

Bree was content playing in the sand and going down the slide.

Abby loved playing with friends. (From left to right Ava, Ella, and Abby)

Natalie's baby (Sadie) was so good. We were at the park for probably 1 1/2 - 2 hours. She didn't make a peep the whole time we were there.


The boys playing tag

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

Sounds like a fun spring break! We do a lot of those types of things. We also have fond memories of that park...I miss the fort! I am glad to hear that the ducks are back, last I checked there was 1 little duck...yippee, time to start going again!

Natalie said...

Oh Kelly. That picture of me is not attractive. We did have a great time with you guys! We'll have to do lots of park days this summer.