Friday, April 2, 2010

Busy Week


This past week has bee insanely busy. I taught Abby's preschool class on Tuesday and Thursday. The theme on Tuesday was "Spring" and the theme on Thursday was "Cowboys, Desserts, and Dunes." I always enjoy teaching her preschool class, but it's always a trial trying to get the lesson prepared and cleaning the house.
I went to my first Zumba class Tuesday evening. I went with one of my neighbors and had a blast. The zumba class was at the Fire and Ice Dance Studio off of Red Wood Road. It was so much fun. I think I'm going to buy a punch pass and try to go regularly. Time to lose my winter chub!
Nine years ago today, my oldest son Andrew was born. We had a party for him after school. This year Andrew wanted a "Sports" themed party. I made him a poster with different sports balls and I cut holes in them for a bean bag toss. I also bought some soft balls so they could play dodge ball. When Andrew and his friends were tired of playing "Sports"they played pin the tail on the donkey and musical chairs. I think Andrew had a good time and he got a lot of nice gifts.

My nephew Jordan came home from his mission today. His plane arrived at 1:00pm. I wanted to go to the airport, but I needed to get everything ready for Andrew's party plus I needed to be home for Brody when he was finished with school. Jordan served his mission in Chicago. I don't think he's changed a bit! He said he didn't think any of the adults had changed either, but he couldn't believe how much the kids had changed. It's crazy how fast time goes by. He met Alyssa for the first time. -I can't wait for my brother Michael to get home. He comes home from Thailand in July. He's never met Alyssa either.
Here are some random pics from Andrew's party.

Bree snacking on some cheetos

We tried to get Brody involved with some of the games, but he was having too much fun on the computer.

What's a party without Pin The Tail On The Donkey?

Bean bag toss

The birthday boy

I made Andrew an ice cream cake. The layer is lemon cake, the second layer is vanilla ice cream, and the bottom layer was chocolate ice cream. Kind of strange I know, but that's what he wanted.

Blowing out birthday candles

Cutting the cake

No comments: