Sunday, October 11, 2009

Aaron To The Rescue

Today was a horrible day. Three out of five of my kids were sick when I got home from work, so we decided to stay home from church. I was really tired, so while I layed down with Alyssa, Brody went outside in the back yard. One of his favorite past times is stripping down to his tighty whities, and turning on the water. Since the weather has changed and it's cold, Aaron and I took the hose away. We were hoping that would foul up his routine, but of course our plan failed. Brody went outside, turned on the water, and came back in the house. The water probably ran for about 3 hours. Andrew went outside the feed Snickers, noticed it was on, turned it off, and let us know. Aaron and I ran downstairs to see the damage and this was what we found. In some areas, the water was about an inch deep. I really lost it. I've been working so hard trying to frame the basement. It really got me down.

Aaron went right to work. He climbed in the flooded window wells and got as much water out with a bucket as he could. Then he got out the shop vac and sucked as much water off the floor as he could. A lot of wood, tools, and toys were laying in the water, but I think it'll be okay.
Here's our after picture. We've got the fan going and all the windows open. Thank goodness my husband is so patient.








3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Sorry Kelly. My oldest has been trying my patience a lot this week, but nothing like this. Glad your hubby was around to save the day. It's nice when they do that.

J & L Bennett Family said...

Kelly, I am so sorry these kind of tests happen to such good people like you and your family. Thank goodness you didn't have carpet laid. How's everyone feeling by now?

Uncle Jeff and I surely enjoyed your visit this week. We wish these spontaneous delights would happen more often. In fact, let us know when you're coming and we'll make a celebration out of it--dinner! Love you and think your the best. Aunt Lori

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

EEesh! Sorry, Kel. What a nightmare! Glad you guys were able to get it cleaned up.