Monday, September 14, 2009

We'll Miss You Grandpa!


My Grandpa passed away today.
I stopped to say "Goodbye."
As I told him that I loved him,
It was difficult not to cry.
Grandma shared some stories
About the good and bad times they'd had.
Then she leaned over and kissed his forhead and stated,
"I'm going to miss you Dad."
My father marveled at his hands,
"Look at them. Aren't they big and strong?"
I nodded and thought about all of the things Grandpa has done with them,
The list is very long.
Grandpa's health was so poor.
And yet, I never heard him complain.
I'm thankful that he was able to go,
Because I know he was in a lot of pain.
Grandpa we will miss you!
We will miss you more than you know.
We hope that we can live like you,
And endure til it's our time to go.




4 comments:

Di Regolo Family said...

It is ironic that you talk about his hands because grandpa always loved to hold baby Joe's hands and would say how big they are. I guess Joe inherited that from him. It was so wonderful to see you. You are such a wonderful person, I wish I knew you better. I really admire you, and thank you for your example.

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Kel, thanks for your post. It's weird how events like this can be so stunning. I copied that pic of Grandma and Grandpa. I had never seen it and thought it would be nice to have for family history; hope that's okay.

JONES GANG!!! said...

iam so sorry Kelly to hear about your Grandpa. May the spirit be strong with you and your little family this week. lots of Hugs!!!

R Fitz said...

Kelly, what a beautiful poem and tribute! Did you write it? I am so glad I got tosee you before I left the hospital. I am also glad to find a digital copy of those pics. Ashley, that pic is from the year they got married, I can't remember if it is right before or right after...I too love that pic.