Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our First Trip To Antelope Island

This morning after my kids and I got ready for the day, my husband informed us that we were going "For a ride." All of our kids begged him to tell them where we were going. His same reply ever time was "For a ride."We loaded the kids into the van and started a Scooby Doo video. I was happy to get out of the house, and so were our kids. On the way, the kids made many guesses as to where we were going (ie. the zoo, Lagoon, Bear Lake, Idaho, Yellowstone, etc.).

We headed North on I-15. It wasn't until Aaron got off the syracuse exit that I realized we were going to Antelope Island.

Shortly after we arrived, we went on a fun little hike. The wind was very strong. -Poor little Alyssa could barely breathe!

On the same hike, Brody pretended to be a dead fish (Not a good thing)

What a view! Doesn't this look like a scene from the Goonies?

Andrew found a dead lizard. Poor little guy had ants all over him.

Andrew, Brody, Abby, Bree, and Andrew

Our most recent family photo
(Brody tried to run away. As I reached for him I just about lost Alyssa)

We saw a lot of Buffalo

Bree had fun in the sheep stalls

Brody had fun playing in the stalls too!

Can you see Charlotte's webb?

Taking a breather!

Good times!














1 comment:

R Fitz said...

I've never been there...at least in my memory. Looks like a fun and windy spontaneous activity!