Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thank Goodness For My Kids

Yesterday after I got home from work, my son asked me to go downstairs. I asked him what was wrong, and he told me he needed to show me something. I went downstairs with him and he took me to one of the windows. "Look Mom," he said. "We have a pool in our window." My heart jumped out of my chest. I quickly ran over to the other windows. The other side of the basement was completely flooded! The water had filled up so high, that it just started leaking through one of the windows. I grabbed Aaron and we quickly went to work. we got out our shop vac and sucked out as much water from each window as we could. Aaron has had kidney stones and I am pregnant, so we probably looked pretty pathetic, but we were able to stop the flooding. After we'd cleaned up most of the mess, Andrew stated, "It's a good thing you guys fixed that, now we can have family home evening." We missed family home evening on Monday, and so Andrew volunteered to plan it. Aaron and I were both tired, but we decided we'd better follow through. Aaron told Andrew he should make a list. Here is what he came up with.
My picture isn't easy to read. This is what it says:

this is wat were doing for famiy home evning.
Starts at 6:00.
1. play outside
2. read four friends (Magazine articles)
3. eat dinner
4. play sorry 3 time or wach tv
5. play with snickers (Our dog)
6. have some desert
7. put are pugamas on
8. brush are teeth
9. say family prare
10. go to sleep
11. but I stay up late

Our favorite part was number 11 (But I stay up late). Andrew's a pretty clever boy isn't he. We had a really nice family home evening. Good job Andrew!

1 comment:

Ryan and Adrienne said...

That is horrible about all the water. I hope it didn't ruin anything. That is the bad thing about basements is you don't really know what is going on down there since you don't spend much time down there.