Monday, January 19, 2009

My Weekend of Freedom

As many of you know, the past few months have been really hectic for Aaron and I. Aaron lost his job in October, so we'vehad to make some adjustments at our house. I picked up a second job and Aaron has been working towards setting up his own practice. Both of us work so hard that we rarely see each other.
This past weekend Aaron went to a chiropractic seminar in Las Vegas. I didn't want to attempt to find a babysitter, so I took work off for the entire weekend. May I just say, I had so much fun. I didn't anything super exciting. I helped my kids get ready for school, I cleaned my house, I took my daughter to gymnastics and my son to basketball, I cooked a roast with mashed potatoes and gravy! I love being a mom. -What a blessing it is. Here are some pics from my son's game. Andrew going up for his lay-up.
Andrew waiting patiently

What a handsome kid


Andrew's cheerleaders
(Grandpa Walker, Grandpa Nelson, Abby, Grandma Nelson, Brody, and Bree)



Brody was so good at the game. He sat in his chair and played his leapster.





4 comments:

Heather Jones said...

I am so happy you had fun! It's a hard time to loose your job, but it will work out. We will keep you in our prayers.

Kathryn said...

Glad you got some time to just be a mom. That's hard work of course, but rewarding because you actually love your bosses.

Natalie said...

FREEDOM!!! HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY! I'm glad you got to take a few days off. You are the hardest worker I know.

Ginnie said...

I'm always happy when my husband leaves for a few days. I love my husband, but I love not making dinner more. I kid. I kid. (kind of) ;)

PS- Thanks for your sweet comment.