Thursday, January 29, 2009

Slippery Roads Are No Fun!

Monday night was a pretty emotional night for me. My family and I were driving on main street in Lehi towards home when I hit a patch of ice. I tried to pump my breaks, but I couldn't get control of my van. I didn't want to hit the car in front of me, so I veared off to the right. I went down a small hill towards a fence. A large wooden post went up through the hood of my van and stopped us. No one was hurt (Thank goodness), and luckily, a policeman and a tow truck weren't very far down the road. I'm upset that the accident happend, but I'm so grateful that everyone was okay.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh No! I'm glad you all were okay too. Is your van in bad shape? How long will it be in the shop? Did you have all your kids with you? I'm sorry. I hope this week got better after that.

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

I didn't even know that happened! I'm so sorry...I'm the queen of accidents and roadside problems so I can empathize. I hope you're doing okay.