Monday, April 28, 2008

What a great Birthday!


Yesterday evening, I went to an Autism Support group. I met with several mothers from my stake who have at least one or more children with autism. The role that I signed had 17 names on it. -I couldn't believe there was that many people. The number of children being diagnosed with autism is growing. Any way, I had a great time listening to their stories and sharing some of mine as well.
I took this picture of Brody this morning. I told Brody to smile and say "Cheese". Not only did he look at me and smile, but he said cheese. It literally brought me to tears. I think Brody is going to come out of this. I love him so much. -He has the sweetest spirit. One othe mothers at the meeting last night said that she felt like her son was close to God and maybe that was why he didn't talk. I think the same can be said with Brody.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

He's such a sweetheart! We may never know in this life why he has to endure what he does, but you and I both know that he's one SPECIAL spirit. I'm sure everyone who knows Brody knows that.