Wednesday, August 10, 2022

An Email From Brody's New Teacher @ ATEC

 


Hello hello! 


I hope everyone has had a wonderful Summer! 

My name is Camille Helmick! If you are receiving this email, your student will be in my class for the 2022-2023 school year! I am so excited for all my returning students and thrilled to meet my new students. 

So you can get to know me a little better, here's a bit about me! I was born and raised in Northern Virginia. I served a LDS mission in Puerto Rico, so I speak Spanish! It's not perfect, but I can get by. I love to practice when I can. I graduated with my degree in Special Education with an emphasis in Severe Disabilities from BYU. I am about to graduate from the Family Science Program in December (hopefully) from UVU. I adore my dog Gus! I adopted him 3 years ago and he's the best hiking and running buddy! I love to read, spend time outside, travel, and be with friends!

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, this is my fourth year teaching at ATEC. This is absolutely my dream job and I plan to be here for a long time. I love my students more than I can describe and feel so lucky that I get to spend Monday-Friday with them. 

I have reviewed all the new files, but please feel free to email me back with any information you would like to share! ! 

I would also love to meet you and your child next week! We are holding a Meet the Teacher on Thursday August 11th from 12:00-3:00 at ATEC

I will be sending out more emails leading up to the start of school with important information. I only have one email per student/family. If you would like me to add someone to my email list, please send their email to me! 

Thanks,
Camille Helmick
Transition Teacher 
Alpine Transition & Education Center

No comments: