Friday, April 30, 2021

"Grandpa Nelson"

When Aaron and I were dating, he told me many stories from his mission.  Aaron served in the Bacolod, Philippines mission.  My favorite story, is when he met Russel M Nelson, the prophet of our church, (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). After the conference, Aaron sat down with him and had a long visit.  Even though he wasn't our prophet at that time, Aaron admired him so much.  When he shared this story with me, I may have fibbed a little.  My maiden name is Nelson, so  I may have told him Russel M Nelson was my grandpa!  🤥 ha ha.  Don't worry.  I didn't let the fib go very long.  He definitely believe me though.
We found Aaron's journals recently.  Inside one of them was this photo and the conference announcement.  Pretty awesome.
 




 

No comments: