Sunday, June 16, 2019

Father's Day 2019

Happy Father's Day!  
My daughter Abby gave her first talk in Sacrament Meeting today.  She was asked to speak about family and fathers.  She shared some information from The Family:  A Proclamation To the World  and from the Strength of Youth packet.  She also talked about the 3 most prominent father figures in her life:  Grandpa Walker, Grandpa Nelson, and Aaron.  She did a great job.  She even made her dad cry.  It made me think about the father figures in my life.
  I thank my Heavenly Father every day for helping me find my husband Aaron.  Aaron is my best friend.  He's an amazing husband and father.  He loves his family.  He loves our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.  Every day, he tries to help us do better.  I love you Aaron!

I love my dad.  I've always been a daddy's girl.  Some of my favorite memories as a child were fishing with my dad and tagging along as he and his friend George went to coin shops.  He's always been a hard worker and a good provider.  


Kent is my second dad.  He is kind and he cares about everyone.  He never forgets a birthday or anniversary.  He always sets a good example to my children, (ie. reading scriptures, praying, writing in his journal, etc.)
Kent 

I miss my Grandpa Argyle more then words can say.  He always made time for me.  Some of my favorite memories with him were horse back riding, boating at Bear Lake, and trips to the Yogurt Parlor.



Grandpa Nelson always made me feel beautiful.  He was good with his hands.  He loved to travel.  Because of that, we got to go on many adventures.  


Bruce Richard Nelson
1929 ~ 2009
Bruce Richard Nelson, 80, died peacefully while surrounded by loved ones on Monday, September 14, 2009 in Provo, Utah. Bruce was born May 22, 1929, the only child of Allen Richard and Ruby Johnson Nelson. Bruce is survived by his loving and devoted wife of 62 years, Earlene R Van Wagoner, 4 children, Allen Tommy, Salt Lake; Lyle Richard (Sherrie) American Fork; Lori (Jeffrey) Bennett, Alpine; Kari (Kurt) Schwendiman, Moscow, Idaho; 20 grandchildren. Bruce had a special relationship with each of his grandchildren. Each can tell of special times with Bruce and Earlene.
Bruce was an active member of the LDS Church, and served a mission with his wife in Omaha, Nebraska. He retired from Geneva Steel after 38 years of service.
The family wishes to express their love and gratitude to all who have shown love and compassion to Bruce during his years of battling illnesses. He loved you all and he felt his life was rich because you were "his friends."
Funeral services will be held Friday, September 18, 2009 at 11 am in the Anderson & Sons Mortuary Chapel, 49 E 100 N, American Fork. Visitations will be Thursday evening from 6 to 8 pm and Friday 9:30 to 10:45 am at the mortuary. Burial, Alpine City Cemetery. Online condolences may be sent at andersonmortuary.com

No comments: