Friday, September 11, 2015

Car Troubles

We've had some car troubles this week.  We had a slow leak in the front passenger side tire of our gray suburban.  On Tuesday Aaron took it to Les Schwab.  We paid a little over $300 for two new tires and an alignment.  Everything was great I thought, but Wednesday the battery light kept coming on.  I stopped at Walmart and had them check it.  They told me the battery was good, but the charge was low.  I was given a list of things that could be wrong.  I almost took it to Tunex, but I decided not to since school was almost out.  I wanted to get home to my kids.  A little later I took my daughter to her cousin's house in Highland.  On the way, I lost all electrical (the radio, the odometer, the fuel light, etc.). My car started jerking as well.  I pulled into their driveway and the car died.  After several unsuccessful attempts to jump it, we called Triple AAA.  They towed our car to Tunex.  It turns out we needed a new alternator.  It cost a little over $300 as well.  It's true that when it rains it pours.  Hopefully we won't have any more car problems.

No comments: