Tuesday, May 22, 2012

People Can Be So Mean...

Our van was vandalized Sunday night or early Monday morning. 
 I think someone took a bat to the rear window.  Our van was unlocked and nothing was taken.  There was a good size hole and the rest of the glass was shattered.  I had to pick up my daughter from school, so I got several weird looks.  :)
 After we returned home, I called the police and filed a report.  There weren't any similar crimes reported in our neighborhood; however, the officer told me it happens all the time.  We had a sign on the rear bumper for Dry Creek Chiropractic (My husband's business).  The officer recommended that we take it off.  He said any kind of bumper sticker can set people off. 
I took the sticker off and contacted my insurance.  Unfortunately we have a $500 deductible.  I contacted Safelite Auto.  They sent a technician to our house.  $260 later, we have a new rear window.  I hope it was just some rebellious teenagers and not someone targeting me or my husband.  I have to be honest.  It was a "Downer" kind of a day.  

2 comments:

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

So hideous! I really cannot believe any human being doing such a thing! If nothing else, surely, they'll have a hard time living with themselves after doing that.

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness, who does that? I guess I better remove my Mitt Romney bumper sticker. Sheesh.