Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend


We had a nice Labor Day Weekend. We stayed a night at Aaron's brothers house and spent a couple of days in Yellowstone/Jackson Hole. Yellowstone was beautiful as always, and the weather was perfect. Our only complaint was that we didn't see very many animals. We saw a few elk, a few bison, and that's basically it. I loved our ride back home. We drove through Afton, Wyoming. I got to show my kids where my grandparents use to live. We also did a little hike in Afton Canyon to Periodic Spring. (It's been a long time since I did that hike). We stopped at Bear Lake and ate dinner at LaBeau's. Wish I could have more weekends like this one. :)Periodic Spring Info



Pretty waterfall in Afton Canyon.

Teton Pass. -Beautiful!

Aaron and Andrew at the top of Periodic Spring







We hoped to see a bear. This was as close as we got.




Old Faithful









































Only in Wyoming, the cows roam the streets.















My Grandma and Grandpa Nelson's old home.













2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love Yellowstone. So glad you got to take the kids there. Looks like a great trip.

sinika said...

Adam has been wanting to take us to Yellowstone... He's never been! I love your pics, and Aaron looks nice smiling in the photos :).