Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A New School Year Is Upon Us...

Yesterday was "The final day of Summer" as Andrew put it.To celebrate, we took the kids to Manilla Pond. We had a picnic and swam. -Such a beautiful day.
Later in the afternoon, I took the kids to meet their new teachers. Abby's Kindergarten teacher is Mrs. Walker. Andrew and I had Mrs. Walker for Kindergarten. She's such a neat lady. -So glad that Abby gets to have her.
Brody's 2nd grade teacher is Mrs. Anderson. Brody had her for about a month last year. I'm glad he gets to have her again. She's a very patient and kind person. I'm hopeful that we will see a lot of change in Brody this year.
Andrew's 5th grade teacher is Mrs. Kakahiko. I don't know much about her, except that this will be her 2nd year at Shelley. Andrew's very excited and nervous. It's a new school, a new teacher, and new classmates. -I'm sure that he'll be just fine.
Bree felt left out since she didn't get to go visit her teacher and classroom. We signed her up in my Aunt Denice's preschool. She begins some time after Labor Day.
All of were starving after meeting the teachers. I took the kiddos to Parkers for icecream cones and fries. Alyssa loves Parkers fry sauce. She drank three of the little cups. -So cute.


Aaron gave all of the kids a blessing before going to bed. So grateful for the church, for a wonderful husband and children. I am truly blessed. :)








No comments: