Monday, June 13, 2011

Yep...This is the place

Earlier today we made a trip out to "This Is The Place." My kids and I had a ball. What a cute little place it is! Lots of old cabins/buildings with people dressed as pioneers. And lots of activities for the kiddos. My kids favorite activity was panning for gold, but they really enjoyed riding the horses and making arrowhead necklaces. My favorite part was touring Brigham Young's home. Here are some pics from our trip in no random order.Abby, Bree, and Andrew in front of the horse stalls.
Andrew riding the slooow horse :)
Abby was nervous to ride, but did it anyway. The look on her face makes me laugh.
The whole crew
Brody did really well.
Petting the goats and lambs.
Donkey


Alyssa loved looking at the animals, but she was really nervous and kept her distance.
Bree loved the horses. Alyssa was affraid to ride, so Bree took her spot and ended up riding twice.
How cute is this little guy?
Another view of the farm.
Inside the school house.
I love the old stoves.
I couldn't keep Brody out of the water.
Bree panning for gold.


What a cool hut.



Abby, Brody, Bree, Andrew and Alyssa in front of Brigham Young's home.


Alyssa decorating a bag.

What dedicated children I have.


Beautiful monuments.
Gorgeous view of the Salt Lake Valley

Bree was done taking pictures by this point. he he
Cool facts about the hand cart companies.

No comments: