Sunday, December 19, 2010

An Awesome Concert









To start off, let me just say that I feel so blessed.
Last year I had the opportunity to go to the
Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert with Natalie Cole.
When I heard that David Archuleta was coming this year,
I tried to get tickets again, but didn't draw out.
I posted an ad on KSL stating that if someone wasn't able to attend,
I would love to take their place.
I didn't expect that anything would come of it,
but a sweet woman called me a week ago today and mailed me four tickets.
Aaron and I took two of them.
We gave the other two to my sister-in-law Svetlana and her Father Valerie.
(Valerie just flew in from Russia a few days ago.
He'd never been in the conference center before today.)
My sweet mother agreed to watch our kids.
I'm so glad everything worked out and we were able to go.
Today was not only the Christmas concert,
it was also Music and The Spoken Word.
We got a double dose if you will!
And to top it off, President Monson was there.
It was a very spiritual morning.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Sounds like lots of fun. Lucky you to family nearby to babysit the kiddos.
Merry Christmas to Mr. Poo Poo and all of you!
love
Kathryn
p.s. please email me your address and I'll send you a card.
kathrynsririe at gmail dot com

Natalie said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys got a great night out!