Friday, April 3, 2009

Brody Did It!


Aaron, I and Brody's teachers have been working like crazy for the past couple of weeks to help Brody get potty trained. I was very frustrated and began to think that he may never be potty trained ...until today!
This afternoon when Brody got off the bus, Aaron and I noticed that he still had his same clothes on that we'd put on him this am (The first good sign). We gave him a drink and then I took him the bathroom. Brody did number 1 all by himself! I couldn't believe it. He was so cute and proud of himself. I"ll be sure to let all of you know when number 2 occurs. :)

4 comments:

R Fitz said...

That's wonderful Kelly!!! Way to go Brody!!!! Sometimes people forget how each little step of progress is such a miracle...I still remember the first time I saw Joe in his little walker thingie and the feeling that came over me because the dr's had said he would probably never walk. So many parents forget how blessed they and their children are. This is one of those rainbow moments for you I am sure!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Way to go! We're so happy for you guys.

Heather Jones said...

Yay!! I am soooo happy for you. That must feel great that he accomplished something so hard. I can't wait to hear if he conquers #2 as successfully :)

Natalie said...

Yay for Brody and for you! I'm hoping this leads to bigger and better things (going #2) for Brody. Getting kids potty-trained is always hard, and I know it has been a lot harder for you this time around. Give Brody a big "congratulations" hug for me!