Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yay For Brody!

Last Thursday when I was at work, I got a call on my cell phone from a number I didn't recognize. I don't usually answer calls when I don't recognize the number or when I'm at work, but for some reason I did. The caller was an employee from Giant Steps. For those of you who don't know, Giant Steps is a treatment program for children ages three years through five years who have been diagnosed with an Autism spectrum disorder. Giant Steps has a maximum enrollment of thirty-six children. When Brody was first diagnosed (About 2 1/2 years ago) we enrolled Brody for school there. I was really disappointed because I was told that Brody would probably never be accepted. At the time, there were over 100 kids on the waiting list. -Any how, to get to my point, a child moved out of Utah County, and so a spot has opened up for Brody. Brody will be able to get help for the rest of the school year (through April). Tomorrow morning they're going to do an assessment on Brody. I'm so happy! Aaron and I have been praying for help. As is parents, we feel like we haven't done enough for him. We didn't know what to do or where to turn. I really feel like this is an answer to our prayers.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay for Brody! That is very exciting. I'm so glad that the Lord has answered your prayers. (Isn't it great to get a reminder to know that He is always listening :))

katie said...

That's great Kel. You are a wonderful mother and I am so happy Brody will be able to go to this program (I looked it up and it's awesome)!