Thursday, September 8, 2022

Gallbladder Gone!

 I had my gallbladder removed earlier today. Never thought in a million years I would want or need to have that done, but life is full of surprises.   I was pretty sick last week.  I thought maybe I had the flu?  I had a lot of pain at the base of my R rib cage that extended into my back.   It cleared up over the weekend, but was right back Monday evening.  The pain was so bad I was nauseous.   I threw up several times Tuesday night.  I was affraid to eat anything.  By Wednesday afternoon, I couldn't take it any more.  I called my Dr and told him what my symptoms were.  He ordered me an ultrasound.   When we got the results back, they told me my gallbladder was inflamed and full of stones.  My Dr ordered some blood work.  He also ordered me medication for pain and nausea.  The next morning, (Thursday) we met with the surgeon.   They were pretty full as far as schedules go, but they felt like they could squeeze me in at the end of the day.  Just after 4, they took me back to surgery.  Dr Patterson told Aaron the surgery went well.  My gallbladder was about twice the size that it should be.  I'm thankful it's gone.  I have 4 new battle wounds in my abdomen.  They're all stitched and should dissolve on their own.  No work for one week and I shouldn't lift more then 20 lbs for 2 weeks.  











No comments: