Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Frightening

    My dad has been sick for a couple weeks, (sore throat, conjestion, cough, headaches, etc.)  He's been to his doctor twice, and was told both times that it was viral and there wasn't much that could be done for it.  On Tuesday when my dad awoke, the whole right side of his face was paralyzed.   We were affraid that he'd had a stroke.  My mom gave him a baby aspirin and my sister drove my parents to the ER.
     My dad was diagnosed with Bells Palsy.   The hospital staff started an IV and gave him steroids and antivirals.  They also did a cat scan of his neck make certain there weren't any tumors.
    We were told that it's rare, but symptoms can be permanent.   Most of the time clear up between 2 weeks to 2 months.  Here are a few pics I took with my phone.




No comments: