Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!  I worked in the morning and Aaron and Andrew had their their annual Turkey Bowl with the ward.


 When we got home, all of us worked hard in the kitchen.  Aaron smoked an amazing turkey!  Mmmmm, it was so yummy.
 We had lunch/dinner at my niece's church in Saratoga Springs.  Our group was a little smaller this year then usual.  We missed Karie, Sam, Suzy, and Teresa and all of their families.






All of the cousins made up a play and performed it for us.  I tried to download it onto the blog, but I guess it's too long.  :(  It was to watch them.  Kaz, my niece did a little number for us afterwords.
 We started a new tradition this year, Cupcake Wars!
 We made caramel apple cupcakes, banana and strawberry sundaes (banana cupcakes with strawberry frosting in an icecream cone), and pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes. 

 
There were so many yummy cupcakes!

 Here are our judges from left to right:  Zack, Rachel, Austin, and Fred
LouAnn's cupcakes took first place.  They were so good.  

I didn't take any other pictures, but Aaron and I went Black Friday shopping with Deanna and Trent.  We weren't out as late this year. Aaron and I were pooped.   Trent's mom and dad watched our kids.  Sure appreciate you Paula and Fred! 

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

So this is random, but I noticed you guys are always staying in hotels. Have you thought about getting an ihg credit card? It's a $50 annual fee, but you can stay in any ihg hotel around the world for free once a year. The fee is waved ethe first year and you get 2-3 nights when you sign up. Anyways, I plan on getting the card, and I thought of you!