Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Funny Boy

I have a funny story to share about my son.  This past month, Brody was convinced that I was pregnant.  I'm not by the way, in case any of you are wondering.  He told his teachers, "On April so and so (The date kept changing), Mom's belly hurts.  She will go to the doctor, and on April so and so baby Brendon will come home!"  He wrote this on our calender.  He drew pictures of it.  His teacher sent home a note and asked if I was feeling all right.  :)  Where all of this came from, I don't know?  All that I can think of is a post from our family blog?  I've tried to correct him every time he asks about it.  "No, mommy isn't pregnant.  There is no baby Brendon."
I thought we'd ended the conversation, but Thursday it came back.  Aaron went to Colorado for school.  Brody came into my room and stated, "Oh no!  Where is Aaron?"
  "Dad is in Colorado.  He's going to school and he'll be back Sunday night."
"I want Aaron."
"He'll be back.  He's going to school so he can become a doctor."  -As soon as I said that, a light went on.
"Dad is with the doctor?  Dad is with the doctor and on Sunday he will bring baby Brendon home!"
Ha ha.  No that wasn't what I said, but Brody wouldn't hear it any other way.       
Sunday night, Aaron and I were lying in bed.  It was late, but we were awake talking.  All of the sudden Brody opened the door and asked, "Is Bryson and baby Brendon sleeping?"  Aaron and I just looked at each other and started laughing.  Who is this kid? 
What to think?  Does Brody know something we don't know?  Aaron and I are pretty sure we're done having kids. 

No comments: