Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Latest Project


A few weeks ago I found this amazing piece of furniture off of KSL.   I LOVE antique furniture!  After I took my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint class, I began looking for a fun piece of furniture to redo.  I saw this piece and knew it had to be mine.  :)
 I did a little research.  From what I understand, it's a china cabinet from the 1920's.
 The china cabinet was in pretty rough shape when I got it.  It was missing the door, the shelves, and one of the knobs on the drawer.
 The stain was a little bleached.  You could tell it had been exposed to the elements.  It was also pretty scratched up.  The first thing I did was clean it really well.  After it was clean, I sanded all the areas that were scratched up.
 I wanted to make some shelves, but wasn't sure how to go about doing it.   -Thank goodness for my handy husband!  He measured the china cabinet, we went to Lowes and picked out some pine, then we came home and he helped me cut them out.  I stained the shelves so it would look like it belonged.
 The next step I took was to paint the cabinet.  I used "Antique White" Annie Sloan chalk paint. 
 I bought some crystal knobs from Hobby Lobby.

I sanded the cabinet over all the edges.  And then some.  :)   Then I sealed the paint with the Annie Sloan wax.
 Here is my finished project!  I love how it turned out.  So so cute.