Saturday, March 7, 2009

Breelyn's New Skills

Last Friday, Aaron and I were just relaxing/watching tv when all of the sudden Bree came charging into our room. Aaron looked at her and asked me, "What's all over her face?" I looked at her. There was something brown all over her face and down the front of her shirt. My first thought was that she'd been finger painting. Not with paint, but well ...you can imagine what. Aaron quickly picked her up and I started to peel off her clothes. Bree had found my acrylic paints that I store in the basement! Aaron helped Bree get into the tub, and I ran downstairs and assessed the damage. -Luckily, Bree had only opened one bottle of paint. There was a little bit of paint on the floor and a little paint on Brody's clothes. We cleaned up the mess and helped Brody and Bree get into their pajamas. I put some boxes around my paint to prevent Bree from future exploration.
About a half hour later, (Just after Aaron and I started to relax again), we heard a scream from the basement. I ran over to the stairs and found Abby (My little mother) helping Bree. Bree had gotten into my paints AGAIN. This time, she was covered with purple paint. I wanted to cry. My husband just started laughing and my oldest son Andrew kept saying, "Mom, we should send a video of Bree into America's Funniest Home Videos."
Bree the 2nd time we had to put her in the tub!

Master piece #2

Master piece #1




2 comments:

R Fitz said...

Oh Kelly! Doesn't it just send the oddest mixture of humor and exhaustion when kids get into such mischief? Hope she doesn't make many more masterpieces on her clothing!

Kathryn said...

I got tired just reading this post. Sounds like something my little girl would do. Good luck keeping your budding artist in check.